Trinity Preschool of Berwyn offers a curriculum that is engaging, challenging, and responsive for all of the children we serve. Activities are planned that are appropriate for the expectations of each age group based on sound developmental theory.
The activities and experiences incorporate four key areas of development: social/emotional, physical, cognitive, and language. Plans allow for flexibility so that as a group’s interests and needs emerge, activities can be added or adapted.
Trinity’s Pre-K Program advances children’s learning to new levels by giving children greater age-appropriate responsibilities and challenges. Children make connections through a hands-on curriculum that spans many subjects and topics of interest. Learning takes place through group projects, activity centers and “have to” jobs.
Some examples of the Pre-K Program curriculum goals include:
- Maintaining friendships
- Using thinking skills to resolve conflicts
- Moving with refined coordination
- Taking increased responsibility for self and the classroom
- Following complex direction
- Exploring cause and effect
- Writing letters and words to convey meaning
- Connecting number words and symbols to objects
- Learning outside the classroom
- Individual goals set for each child by the teacher
The Pre-K Program is open to children age 4 years by September 1st of the year of entry. Classes are offered Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday mornings and Monday-Friday mornings.
The Pre-K+ Program is specially designed for children who will turn 5 by December 1st and are ready for more challenge
in a smaller group setting.
The program will allow for expanding on the Pre-K skills within a more customized curriculum, including
- Opportunities for regular trips to the local library and other community resources
- More individualized attention, goal-setting, and assessment
- Time for greater skill building in all developmental areas
- Greater focus on building interpersonal relationships with peers and adults within the classroom
PreK+ is offered Monday-Thursday afternoons from 12:00 p.m. until 3:00 p.m.
The school year runs from mid-September through late May.