Trinity Preschool of Berwyn offers a curriculum that is engaging, challenging, and responsive for all of the children we serve. Activities are planned that are appropriate for the expectations of each age group based on sound developmental theory.
The activities and experiences incorporate four key areas of development: social/emotional, physical, cognitive, and language. Plans allow for flexibility so that as a group’s interests and needs emerge, activities can be added or adapted.
Some examples of the 2s/3s Program curriculum goals include:
- Learning about self and others
- Learning about moving
- Learning about the world
- Learning about communicating
- Identifying feelings of self & others
- Understanding & following rules
- Playing cooperatively with other children
- Drawing simple shapes & letters
- Holding crayon with thumb & two fingers
- Beginning counting
- Following directions
The 2s/3s Program is open to children age 2 by September 1st of the year of entry. Classes are offered Tuesday & Thursday, and Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Children need not be potty trained. Diapers will be changed.
The school year runs from mid-September through late May.