Welcome to the Orange Room!
Teacher: Cammy Wagner
Assistant: Georgia Merrill
Welcome to our class page! We will be adding links to activities, links to activity packet pages during the school closure, photos, videos and more…keep checking back!
Week of May 4, 2020
Week of April 20, 2020
Activities for this week are here. file:///Users/directormacair/Downloads/0379_001.pdf
Week of April 13, 2020
Here’s your packet for this week in case you can’t pick it up:
Watch Miss Cammy during circle time!
Week of April 6!
- Bunny Stencil. Takes a little work on your part (Or you can pick one up from school. Let me know. I have some I use every year that I am more than happy to give you!)
Find a bunny clip art. Cut out in stiff paper, cardboard or regular paper. You will be left with your stencil. Place that on top of plain paper, tape down and paint any color. At school we might have painted with cotton balls. Add eyes or reverse, a tail. This is a new form of art for these guys. Explain what a stencil is and how it works.
Make a bunny outline with glue. Attach marshmallows, or anything else, on the glue. Great fine motor and eye hand coordination.
Listen to Rabbit Ears. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42j__i-owjs
- Explore an actual egg: shell, yolk, white.
- Make chick in shell. This is fun because they can be very creative. Use Do-a-dots, sponges or anything else you have.
- Try counting your eggs either real or plastic.
- Using plastic egg halves stamp onto a large egg shaped white paper.
- Try growing grass in a halved real eggshell! Once it grows your child can cut the “hair”!
- Hop like a bunny.
- Make fizzy eggs. Place plastic eggs in styrofoam or plastic egg carton, add drop of food coloring if interested, add tablespoon baking soda, use dropper to add vinegar. Again, we have plenty of droppers at school that I could leave for you. Turkey baster works but you will pick up a lot more vinegar. Spoons also work and are easier! The children love the chemical reaction that happens. Ask if they can predict what will happen.
- Paint in a box. Cut paper the shape of an egg. Place in box. Fill two plastic eggs with something heavy but safe. May need to tape shut. Squirt paint all around on paper in box. Roll eggs all around box.
- Cut a potato in half lengthwise. Make zigzag cuts or whatever into potato. Stamp onto paper.
Don’t forget the songs! Any song that requires movement is so good for them ~ vocabulary, gross motor, rhythm, crossing the mid line.
See you tomorrow!!
April 7, 2020
Miss Jen reads a book about Passover. She reminds children that her family didn’t celebrate Christmas and that they don’t celebrate Easter. Our class was aware of that because she told us all in music.
She does a great job reading! I hope your guys enjoy it!