Trinity is currently seeking to fill the Executive Director position. This position is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the academic and nonacademic activities of Trinity Preschool of Berwyn. This is a full time position, Monday through Friday and will report to the Board of Directors at Trinity. If you or anyone you know may be interested contact: careers@
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, hire, and train staff for vacant positions.
- Evaluate staff annually.
- Observe and work with staff to identify children with special issues and communicate with their parents.
- Assist staff in developing strategies for children with special needs or behavioral concerns, and in communicating sensitive issues with parents.
- Meet with staff monthly to make plans, discuss issues and concerns, and share information.
- Plan and implement training for staff based on needs identified by observations, staff evaluations, interest, and new professional research and resources.
- Prepare and present Letter of Agreement to each Staff member annually.
- Work with the Treasurer and Executive Committee of the Board of Directors to prepare the annual budget.
- Determine allocations of funds for staff, supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Authorize purchases.
- Review and approve new programs or recommend modifications to existing programs.
- Monitor instructional methods and content for educational and activity programs.
- Evaluate programs to determine effectiveness, developmental appropriateness, and application.
- Ensure that programs, staff, and facilities comply with state licensing requirements and NAEYC Accreditation Standards.
- Collect and analyze data to forecast enrollment patterns and curriculum needs.
- Plan and implement programs to advertise and promote Trinity Preschool to prospective families.
- Write a monthly newsletter to keep parents informed of school events, policies, and philosophies.
- Write and update the annual Parent Handbook to inform parents of school policies and procedures.
- Maintain open communication with staff via personal meetings, day-to-day interaction, e-mail and posted notices.
- Prepare and distribute annual surveys, analyzing results to identify needs of parents, program, and staff.
- Interact with children, families, and staff in a caring, sensitive, and respectful manner.
- Prepare a monthly report for the Board of Directors meeting.
- Respond to requests or suggestions of the Board of Directors.
- Work with Church liaison and administration to ensure safety, cleanliness, and operation of the facility.
- Develop an annual flow chart.
- Work directly with children in classrooms when support is needed.
Training and Experience:
- B.S., (M.S. preferred) in early childhood education, child development, elementary education, or early childhood special education.
- Pennsylvania State Director’s Credential preferred.
- 3-5 years classroom teaching experience preferred
- At least 3 years experience as a program administrator, NAEYC-accredited program preferred.
Interested candidates may apply directly to careers@